My little brother, Geoff, came up to visit last week. We hadn't seen each other in over two years. The last time he had seen Bella, she was nine months old. It was his first time meeting Julietta. It didn't take much to win the two of them over, though. They were putty in his hands. Nearly every morning this week, Bella has woken up wanting to go down and cuddle with "Uncle Yef". Throughout the day I would randomly here, "Uncle Yef, I'm on on the bunk bed!" and then I'd catch glimpse of a streak of color through the house - he whisking her around, arms spread, flying like a superhero.
It was certainly not much of a vacation for poor Geoffy. For the past week, he has been helping out around the house, standing in to watch the girls so I could do normal things like take a shower, or try to do some work, and well... yes, he also did two straight days of yard work. Check out my preschool website: www.elgatopreschool.blogspot.com to see what we accomplished. I'm pretty sure we've convinced him to put off parenthood for another ten years... at least. He loved the time with his nieces, but I have a feeling that he is looking forward to going shopping without frantically grabbing various things off the shelf to keep a baby fom crying, and I bet that the toddler meltdowns will be happily left behind.
I am so thankful he was here with us. For me, grocery shopping was a breeze! Two adults to two children. Simple! I even left the girls with him for a half an hour so I could go pick up a pizza. This, I could get used to!
A few hours ago, we dropped Uncle Yef off at the airport, all four of us in tears. That was the first time that had ever happened! Man, I'm going to miss him. I'm not ready to go back to being a single mom again!! Why can't someone just buy the stinkin' cafe?!?! ( Alex, get here soon!)
Geoffy, thank you so much for coming to spend the week with us. I miss you already!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








5 comments:
Awww! such special moments!
WOW! Too beautiful! What a great uncle/bro, and you look good, too Geoffy! Not to mention the photo skills...
And I'm glad to see my scarf is adorning princesses :)
You just have to love Geoff...
Those are such great pictures! The girls are so lucky to have such a fun Uncle Yef!
Post a Comment