• slideshow image 2 slideshow image 3 slideshow image 4 slideshow image 5 slideshow image 6 slideshow image 
7 slideshow image 
8 slideshow image 
9

    Help! I'm Stuck.

    I need some help. I'm entering a contest for Detra's Creative Light Workshop and I don't know which picture to choose. I have already signed up for the workshop, but she is running this contest until August 28th for Clickin Mom's members (until August 26th for everyone else) and I wouldn't mind getting a bit of discount off the course! The theme is SUMMER. I know it will be really hard to compete. The past winners have all been A-MAZING, but I have to try, right? No harm in trying is what I always say. Anyway, I can't decide which one to enter. I'm stuck.

    These are my top four. Which one do you think I should enter? I'm leaning toward the swinging storm picture, but I don't know if it goes with the theme.  I mean, she is wearing shorts and sandals, but the big black clouds in the background... it doesn't really scream summer, does it? What do you think? If you would all be so kind to leave a comment and let me know which one is your favorite, I'd love you forever and ever. Cross my heart!
    Number 1:
    Number 2:


    Number 3:

    Number 4:
    Gracias!

    14 comments:

    RORYJEAN said...

    Oh my goodness! They are all amazing! Number one and two are my favorite, and I think number two takes the cake as far as amazing light goes. But I'm sure any of them would win :)

    La Tortuga Viajera said...

    Love 3! 1 is amazing, but it doesn't have the happy-go-lucky feel of summer that photo 3 seems to capture. I've got Jacobo sitting here next to me - he votes for 2. Your pics are amazing Sarah!

    Tammy Spence said...

    I vote 3. Love you

    Nora said...

    Number one is my favorite - and perfectly suitable for a British summer! :D But the others are all amazing - I can't get over what a good photographer you are. xx

    McDolan said...

    torn...
    love #1 - because of the storm approaching but agree about the "lack of summer"

    LOVE #2 - the gold/ green metallic of the water, but would wonder if Bella is too dark?

    love #3, because the sunlight has made bella's hair glow golden...

    #4 - is very summer-y.

    Sorry I like them all so if I had to pick just one keeping summer in mind I would say 3

    Anonymous said...

    #1 Is the best picture... composition-wise, you can see all of Bella and the swing, and the colors are fantastic... that picture is RAD! It just isn't totally summer-y, but maybe that would give you an edge!

    #3 is the most summer-y... it's beautiful, and looks like a picture of summer, but much of Bella is cut off... composition?

    #4 would be my vote if you could see both of Bella's eyes.

    They're all beautiful, i love them all!

    ~Phoebe

    Hailey said...

    Wow Sarah... I love them all too. The first one is my favorite, but I think number 4 best represents summer. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them though! They're all amazing!

    Allyson Ericksen said...

    They are all great but 3 is my favorite. Good luck!!

    Anonymous said...

    #2

    Anonymous said...

    the last response is kip's vote for his farorite, I do not know if he considered summer.

    Number 1 is mt fave! but would have to vote number three for Summer.

    Good luck

    Shanon

    Unknown said...

    Thank you SO MUCH, everyone! You ROCK MY WORLD!!!!!I don't think there has been a clear winner, but it seems that #3 is the one everyone agrees represents summer. Oh. what to do, what to do...

    Leah said...

    I know I am late to this... I love the storm one but I think number three is the best for the summer theme. Sarah you are seriously blowing my mind!! Amazing pictures!

    M said...

    I'd have to go with #3 as well, although #4 makes me feel warm like summer. But maybe that's because I was there and remember it.
    #1 is a winning photo for any other theme but yeah, doesn't scream summer...
    They are all amazing! I've found myself trying to get the exposure and skin tones "like Sarah has". You've become a standard of measure, how does it feel? ;)

    Unknown said...

    Aw, stop it you guys. I'm blushing.

    Post a Comment