![]() |
| These photos have NOTHING to do with this post. But I figured you'd get bored with just words. |
Let-s get this out in the open right now - I'm not very interested in ever doing wedding photography because, well... because to tell you the truth, brides scare the crap out of me! It's just too much stress. I've taught 20 five- year- old kids mostly on my own before. I've run a café before fully understanding how to make Spanish coffee. I've lived in a country before I could understand ANY answer to ANY question. Those are all particularly stressful situations, but a bride on her wedding day? Let's just say I prefer to take my head home with me at the end of the day, thank you very much. Anyway, reservations about wedding photography aside, I decided to watch. It was going to be a five day event all revolving around a real live wedding that took place in, of all places, Seattle, Wa!
So I tuned in. I had Bella stay with The Ya Yos (her grandparents), and I watched from 9 pm to 2am! What a good decision! It was incredible. She shared all her secrets and tips to running a successful business. On the second day she did the "first look" and we watched her pose the bride and groom and saw how she talked to them to calm them down and make them look beautiful instead of like stiff robotic people. To me, this seems to be one of the hardest things about photography - getting people to look natural and relaxed. I don't tend to like posing, and prefer capturing real moments, but how do you do this during a photoshoot? I still don't know, but now I have some more ideas.
![]() |
| See what awesome posing techniques I learned? Does she look natural or what?! ; ) |
Ok, you made it! I'm done talking about workshops... until September 13th when I start The Creative Light Workshop.






2 comments:
Be careful what you say! I remember swearing up and down I would never EVER shoot weddings. You would be good at it! I love these pics and I love the realness of Bella picking her nose! All parents should appreciate that! I am glad you were so inspired by Jasmine Star. I hope you were able to watch some today because it was about building your business and brand. Good stuff for sure! Thanks for the shout out! And keep up the amazing work.
Sarah, your photography is amazing! I'm so happy that you've found such a passion and one that you are so darn good at! Personally, I was all about #1 in your last post. Summer, schmummer. Who cares if it didn't scream summer? That photo was fantastic!
Post a Comment