• slideshow image 2 slideshow image 3 slideshow image 4 slideshow image 5 slideshow image 6 slideshow image 
7 slideshow image 
8 slideshow image 
9

    Jenny, Marty and Cameron do Spain.


    Yes, it has been a few weeks since they were here, but now they are gone, and I'm lonely, and the only thing that remains are these photos I shot while they were here that I flip through every. single. night... boo hoo hoo.

    Ok, I'm being a bit melodramatic. I just loved having my friends here with me. I loved getting to snuggle with The Cam Man. He just is just so hugable! Oh, and girl talk!! (No, not the game from the late 80s, but I'd certainly use exclamations for that too.) Being away for so long has made me forget about the bond that girlfriends have. Oh, how I miss that!


    Anyway, I took about a million pictures for the Clickinmoms Scavanger Hunt , but not many real worthy photos. We did manage to do a photo shoot of Jenny and her sweet family while they were here. My photos didn't ROCK, by any means. I cut off toes and fingers and had a horrible time with exposure. BOO! I hate that. There were some great shots, but blow outs galore. So so sad. Luckily, there were some goodies out of the bunch (well, I did take like 500 pictures!).



    I still blew out their hair in this one. It's something I really need to keep my eye on. I just love the expression on Jenny's face, though. It's so genuinely happy. And I love love love the light.



    It made me realize that I MUST work on nailing my exposure, or I'm going to keep ending up with awesome photos full of terrible blow outs, and that's just not acceptable! ; )

    Look at the three of them together! I have so many shots that I just adore. They just scream LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!! (well, they don't really. That would would be weird and a little bit scary... unless you were living in a Beatles cartoon.)
    I thought this one was adorable, but see how I blew out Marty's face a bit? AARGH. I still don't understand how to get semi-correct exposure without blowing things out. Or maybe, the light was still too intense. I'll get to light in another post. Boy is it important!


    I have been practicing on my girls (who else am I going to practice on?!), and I've decided that I'd just work on exposure, and forget about everything else. These are NOT examples of that. I'd bore you do death with those shots.


    I could go on about so many things, but I feel it would all become a big jumble of words.
    I think I'll wait and try to organize myself before I go on.

    Oh, and what do you think of the watermarks? Which one do you like the best? I have learned SO MUCH about copyright laws and watermarking that I had NO IDEA about before. I'm obviously not a professional photographer, but after reading about personal photos turning up in billboards in other countries, I'm not going to risk it.
    I'd recommend it to everyone who posts any photos on the web. More on that in another post as well.

    Ok, I'm done rambling. Time for bed!
    Until next time, my friends!

    1 comments:

    Marty and Jenny said...

    Beautiful picts Sarah!! Our son is just too cute. Oh and my favorite watermark is the one that's all cursive in one line (it's on the picture of cam and me where my hair is glowing.) I do like the newer one you've done, but the other is still my favorite.

    Post a Comment