• slideshow image 2 slideshow image 3 slideshow image 4 slideshow image 5 slideshow image 6 slideshow image 
7 slideshow image 
8 slideshow image 
9

    Project 52 Week 6 - Love

    Love Love Love. That is the theme for this week's Project 52 that I'm participating in with 17 other wickedly talented photographers from The Bloom Forum.

    Last Sunday I had the pleasure of doing a photo session at dawn with the lovely Sarah Cook from www.beingfrugalbychoice.blogspot.com and her beautiful family. Their son, Jack, was out of sorts. He was crying and having mini tantrums and just plain ol' grumpy. I was like, "sounds like a perfectly normal two-year-old to me", but, apparently, this was not like him, and so both Sarah and her husband, Troy, were worried. I could tell that it was very hard for them to concentrate on photos while they're little kiddo was unhappy.
    This was right after Jack had fallen down. I know this isn't going to win me any awards, but I just love the emotion in this photo.
    I know it wasn't the ideal photo situation, but to me, those worried looks, represent the real LOVE that a parent has for a child. Once you become a parent, you are thrown into this whirlwind of emotion. It's something that no one can prepare you for. I certainly wasn't ready for it.  A huge chunk of all that emotion is the worry that is thrown into the mix. Sometimes I feel like I won't be able to handle it, because I know it will always be there. What we worry about as parents will probably change, as time goes on, but there will always be something - whether it's not knowing why your baby's crying, to holding on to the door as your 16 year-old  drives down the driveway for the first time.
     
    And then there was the cuddly kissy love. Oh, I LOVE this LOVE.

    Things calmed down quite a bit towards the end of the session, and it started to sprinkle, while the sun stayed out. Beautiful light. Beautiful family.
    LOVE LOVE LOVE.

    Now head on over to see the amazing Shauna, Sudbury Photographer, from Simply Shauna Photography, and her interpretation of this week's theme.

    12 comments:

    Shauna said...

    Oh Sarah these are wonderful.. I love your words too. I too wonder sometimes how I'm going to handle it.. the future, the crazy deep overwhelming love.. is Felix going to break my heart some day? sigh. LOVE this post and your gorgeous captures xo

    The Rancher's Wife Kate said...

    I love these so much, and your heartfelt words only make the post that much better.
    Lovely!

    TOLIVER FAMILY said...

    Love this. Great job...luv the light in the second.

    Jessi said...

    These pictures show great emotions. Great job!

    Jayme Franklin said...

    Oh the first one is my fav, so much love conveyed thru those expressions!

    krista said...

    Oh, Sarah....loved the story you tell with your photos and your words. Great take on love with the worried expressions. That is so true! Wondering if you tried Detra's light explosion thing on your last picture....looks like it would be a good candidate the way the sun is hitting them. I love their "moment" how sweet!

    Also, BTW - I went to K, 1st and 2nd grade in Bremerton. What a small world!

    Sarah C said...

    Sarah, thank you so much for the photos - we were in fabulous hands with you! I love these and can't wait to see the rest.

    Sarah C

    gigi said...

    You are rock'n the back light! You captured a wonderful story here! I'm sure they will LOVE the images! You are already back to work and you just moved back!?! Great job and way to go!

    Kelly said...

    These are great images! They are gonna love them! Great job!

    Emily Horton said...

    What a thoughtful post. I love your images... both of them do work together to paint a picture of what it's like when you have children. Someone said it's like walking around with your heart outside of you, and that poetic image has always stuck with me. Great job with this theme!

    Lisa Turner said...

    These are gorgeous captures, both of them. Wonderful lighting in that second one too!

    Hannah said...

    Your words and images here are just lovely.

    Post a Comment