This week's theme for Project 52 was pretty easy for me. I could have basically taken my camera with me everywhere I went and just started clicking away. It is all new for me, even though I'm moving back to where I'm from.
I haven't lived on my little island in more than 15 years, so I anticipate I'll feel like a foreigner again at the beginning... maybe not, though. I visited the island a few days ago, and I felt like I was finally home. I can not wait to start a new life there. Everytime I thought about where I wanted my kids to grow up, the only place I could imagine was Vashon Island. I have so many beautiful memories from my childhood, and I still have the same best friends I had from when I was eight. I want so badly for my children to get a dose of that wonder as well.
This second picture is my daughter (right) with my best friend's daughter (from when I was eight!) and my sister in la-la's daughter. (She's not really my sister-in-law. She's my best friend's sister-in-law, but we refer to each other as sister in la-las... we might as well be related!) I thought this photo really captured the beginning of what is sure to be a very long, beautiful friendship.
Please make sure to go visit Shauna, Sudbury Photographer, from Simply Shauna Photography. She's been on fire lately!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




17 comments:
for real?? did you have to post something that beautiful again??? love that first shot sarah...You my dear are on fire...hope things are settling my friend.
I love both of these, they do represent the beginning of some wonderful things for you and yours! I love all of your stuff!
Beautiful shot Sarah. I love your work every week!
Beautiful image Sarah. It looks like an amazing place.
Oooh! Yeah for you! I have been wanting to head over to Vashon for some time now!!! Maybe we should hook up when I do!!!
Ahh, Sarah they are both awesome! Love the peacefulness of the first - it does look like a great place to grow up! And the second image is adorable - the hands touching is sweet!
Oh I love your new beginning.. but the 2nd image isn't showing?!? I'm going to come back later to see if it's back up.. I hate to miss anything you do :D
that first image looks like paradise.
gorgeous.
and that second shot...too cute for words!
Oh wow, these images are lovely. You're all so very lucky. Congratulations on moving back.
what a perfect post for new beginnings...lovely Sarah as always.
Aww, love the photo of the three future BFFs! We lived on Whidbey Island for 3 years, absolutely loved our time there! Beautiful images!
oh these are super sweet! love!
: ) ! Beautiful shots Sarah. I look forward to seeing this project every week. Looking forward to beach days at KVI and some nooks and crannies on the Island I can show you! Great job!~Marla
Love this picture of the 3 little ones...I have similar shots of my girls with daughters of very old friends...so great to capture them together at this age!
Lovely images! How exciting to be where you want to be, congrats on your new beginning!!
I have been so home sick lately. Your blog is certainly not helping. I so wish my kids could have the wonder of growing up on a farm near the beach...Someday perhaps.
What a gorgeous place to live. Congratulations! :)
Post a Comment