This is going to be a quick one. I just had to share a couple things before I get completely back loaded with blogging.
First of all, despite being completely cautious and careful about my camera while travelling, look what happened during the flight -
It's enough to make you sick, isn't it?
This is my Nikor 24-70mm, f/2.8 a lens much coveted by professional photographers. I love this lens. I don't use it as much as my 50mm, but it comes out for very special shots. Last week when I was taking photos of Julietta at sunrise on my mom's deck, I pulled out my 24-70mm and this is what I found. This was days after we'd landed. I was petrified. I knew Alex would be livid. Can you just imagine the feeling? I don't even want to think about it. Yuck.
Luckily, Alex had insisted on buying a polarizer immediately after we'd bought it, and the only part of the lens that was damaged was that. (HUGE sigh relief... I mean HUGE)

Oh to be HOME!!
This is what I've been missing. This is what I wanted my children to grow up with. I can take the cloudy days if they get to play in streams and mud and be surrounded with lush green every day of their lives. This is a beautiful park nearby my mom's house where there is a frisbee golf course!! I'll post more about this place soon.
And look at these sweet cheeks! This is my friend's daughter, Sarah. I had a session with them right before we left Valencia, and haven't had time to finish editing the images. (Sorry, Christina!!!) It has been blogged on my new site: sarahbunchphotography.com/blog
Check out this beautiful family. I just want to squeeze this little sweetie every time I see her adorable face!
And in case you're wondering what I'm doing with two blogs, I've decided that my new blog will be the place to go to see all my sessions that I do. It will be the more cut and dried, professional site. When you visit me here, you'll see the crazy, wild eyed, nut behind all the calm, collected and put together (if I somehow manage to achieve that!). I will be dedicating this site to what it was originally meant for - the behind the scenes take on my journey as a photographer. I'm sure you'll need a little dose of both to keep you balanced. Hey, I'm a gemini. It wouldn't be right to see only one side.
And don't forget to enter the FREE SESSION GIVEAWAY!!! I only have 21 people entered as of this moment. Get your little bums moving and leave a comment on this post PRONTO!


EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!
5 comments:
did I get entered?????
I don't know. did you leave a comment on my new blog under the first post? I'll check...
i have now :)
eeep! that DID freak me out, way to pull an april fools joke early there miss gemini! I'm terribly reckless with my cam and this is what I'm going to get someday, well I hope not, I should have just learned my lesson after all...
omg...glad the lens is ok...scary!
great idea to maintain both blogs...
Post a Comment