I think it's funny how we imagine what our children are going to be like, and they turn out completely different. First of all, how did I get such a blondie? And character wise, well, sometimes I think that she didn't get an ounce of Sarah Bunch in her. She's fearless and tough and knows exactly what she wants. She can be the biggest pain in the butt at times because she is so decisive, and stubborn and quite bossy too (ok, maybe an ounce or two of me did slip into the mix) but I admire her for her strength. And with all that inside, she has such a gentle heart that she cries when her sister gets hurt, and yells and yells and YELLS for me if she thinks her sister might be in danger. She "reads" birthday cards and they always say, "I love you. I love you. I love you." and every now and then she'll say to me, "I love you sooooo much". She challenges me on a daily basis to keep my patience so I can teach her patience - to teach her kindness and understanding instead of getting frustrated and losing my cool. She challenges me to be a better person, so I can raise her to be the best person she can be.
![]() |
| 3rd Birthday Party dressed in her "pincess dress" |
![]() |
| First day of Preschool |
I love you, Bella Lu. With every ounce of my heart and soul. Happy Birthday!

















9 comments:
Happy Birthday Bella!
So sweet! You are a good mama Sarah B :)
This brings tears to my eyes :)
Happy birthday bella!
From Sarah and Markus,too..
Sarah you realy do amazing pictures and amazing blogs,too blogs!!!
Christina
love I remember the day she was born so clearly. I spent all day at work smiling nonstop... a pretty big deal since we all know how I feel about my job! I was just so happy knowing you had a healthy baby and thinking about how much I loved her even though I wouldn't get to meet her until she was nearly 9 months old! Iher even more now AND I don't have to miss any more of her birthdays!! :)
Happiest Birthday to our sweet Arabella! I love you. I love you. I love you.
Not sure how "love" inserted itself into the beginning of my comment. I wasn't calling you "love"... although, I do love you too Sarah! :)
Love... nothing better than starting a comment with such a beautiful word, Hailey.
Love... is an amazing thing: it makes you have fears where there weren't any, it creates a leverage quite difficult to counterbalance, yet it fills you up and makes you bigger, more solid, sturdier. This of course means that Sarah is like a massive Michelangelo statue right now... having to love these rascals for me too!!! ;P
Love you, all three!
Awww, happy birthday sweet girl!!
(sorry for the late post. My computer has been down)...
Your words are so touching. How wonderful it is that you have Bella. She is amazing!!! How wonderful it is that Bella has YOU!! What a lucky little girl.
I love you Bella...I love you Sarah.
Post a Comment