The theme for this week's Project 52 (a 52 week-long photography project I'm participating in with 17 other extremely talented photographers from The Bloom Forum) was Books. Oh, how I adore books! I could think of a million different photographs that would fit the theme. This week, though, or today, really, is a special day for my family and me. It is our baby girl, Julietta's first birthday. Oh, I could eat her up, I love her so. And so does her papá. He is also a major book-lover. When I think of books, I also think of him, and how when we packed up our house, we could easily part with most of our stuff, but not our books.
Anyway, today is a very special day, but it is also a sad day. My husband isn't here. He's still in Spain, trying to sell our cafe, and missing his daughter's first birthday. It breaks my heart to know it's breaking his. A year ago, I was in a birthing pool in our living room (the one we had flooded a few weeks earlier with that very same pool!) and Alex was the saint of saints as far as husbands of laboring wives go - bringing me juice, holding my hair while I was puking my guts out, and allowing me to cut off the circulation in his hand from squeezing it so hard. (Was that really just a year ago? And at the same time - has it already been a year?!)
This week, my photos are for you, Alex. Here are your girls, doing one of your favorite things in the whole wide world - reading. Someday soon you'll be here to pick up where you left off with story time. The Queen of Hearts and Los Tres Cerditos just aren't the same without you (I, apparently, don't do the voices right!)
We miss you madly today. We miss you madly every day.
Will someone please buy the café already?!
Now, friends, eat something sweet in celebration of Julietta, and head on over to see what the cunningly creative Shauna, Sudbury Child and Family Photographer, from Simply Shauna Photography has come up with!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




20 comments:
LOVE these sarah...super cute.
I may be accidentally posting twice... having trouble getting my comment to show up.
BUT I love your pictures, and am hoping with you that your husband will be able to come home soon to his beautiful family! :)
these are wonderful Sarah, and I thinking good thoughts for your family to sell the cafe. i am sure that your husband will see these photos and miss his girls even more!
Sarah- I always look forward to seeing your posts! You never disappoint. I am praying for a buyer to walk into your life today to buy that darn cafe! My favorite was the black and white one. Just love it!
Oh my word.. these are absolutely gorgeous.. the pp'ing the perfect little angels.. everything! Love, love the negative space on that last one... p.s. I had my baby at home too.. 15 months ago.. and I also puked my guts out.. :D xox
Thank you, Sarah. I miss you all like the world has been torn from my heart. These are difficult days for many people... and I wanna dedicate them to Julietta, yes... Happy Birthday my sweet sweetheart... but also to those who really are having an even more difficult time than us, because I cannot imagine how painful that might be, since the pain I feel is almost unbearable. Only bearable by the thought that it shall end one day to give way to something new, fresh and shaped to whatever we make it be... and so the world is reborn, just like Juju.
Thanks for the post, I love you!
SO sweet! Reading your words and your husbands response, I am sitting here sniffling like a baby! I love the pictures they are beautiful and I am sure a wonderful gift to your husband as well! Hope you all had a happy day!
Happy Birthday to your sweet baby girl! Great work this week. Hope you get things squared away and your husband get back to his family very, very quickly.
How hard to have your hubby so far away...I really can't imagine especially for your daughter's birthday. What a lovely post to make him feel closer to home.
Sheesh you guys, I was laughing at your fb post sarah and now there's a big ole frog in my throat! ack, someone buy that cafe. I'm sending my good juju ;) to thoughts that someone will soon! happy birthday miss julietta!
Oh my...I think I must be emotional. This is just pulling at my heart strings! It is so hard having you husband-daddy gone. You captured your girls so beautifully...a cherished memory. Hopefully you can get that cafe sold so you can look back on this a year from now and it will all just be a faint memory.
these are so gorgeous.
sorry your hubby isn't there, but i will offer your family up in my prayers.
happy first birthday to your sweet girl!
didn't get to read earlier bc i was on my phone now i'm at home with internet and sobbing like a baby...oh my heart goes out to you...hugs sarah!
Cute pictures! I can't imagine not having my hubby here! I will pray that the cafe sells quickly and he can get home to his family!
Oh this is so sweet and I was overwhelmed by your husband's comments...here's hoping you will be reunited soon!
Awww, this made me cry. So sorry your hubby is missing your LO first birthday! Beautiful images as always Sarah! SOMEONE BUY THE CAFE ALREADY!
Sarah, these images are beautiful! I'm so sorry your husband is so far away, especially during your sweet little girls first birthday! I hope your cafe sells right away so that your family can all be together again!
Awww girl, fingers crossed for the caffe to sell and for the family to be together again!!! It will happen soon, I'm sure! These are beautiful and so are your daughters!!! Happy birthday to your sweet Julietta!
Let's meet soon. it's March and it's time.
Beautiful images. Happy birthday to your little one!! I had my son at home in a tub as well- what an amazing experience!
Beautiful job Sarah. I think you have such a great eye for composition!
Post a Comment