Well, I got a taste of reality today to put me back in my place. I tried doing a photoshoot with an adult. My beautiful friend, Laura, let me photograph her this afternoon. Despite the fact that I didn't need to chase after her just to get her to look at the camera, and that she would just sit there letting me take photo after photo (and even did what I asked her to do), it was HARD! Finding interesting poses wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. I had even researched before and made myself a notebook of poses from fashion magazines, but in the moment, I fell short. Plus, the light was horrible. That was the most disappointing thing about the entire situation. The photos were all grainy because it was overcast so it got dark super duper early and I underexposed the majority of them. I'm posting some of my favorites, because even though they didn't come out perfectly, I still loved quite a few of them.
![]() |
| I do love this one. About 80% of the poses I told her to use look exactly like this, but now I know what to work on. |
![]() |
| ¡¡GUAPA!!! |
I feel like I should post some of the bad photos so I'm not misrepresenting myself, but that sucks for Laura. Who wants anyone to post bad pictures of them on the internet? Not me for sure. So, I'll post one of my favorite bad ones, leaving you and your brain to imagine what the rest are like.
![]() |
Oh, and and the good news is, Laura is so freakin' gorgeous, she saved many of the potential "reject" photos. They may be grainy and lacking originality, but Laura's genuine beauty overpowered them.
(Ok. I'm ending this post and all my cheeseball commentary. Jeez!)








3 comments:
You strut your stuff girl!! No bad self talk to the mirror ya hear?!! Your eye is fantastic. If a shoot turns out bad (I've had many) just see it as a chance to correct, and strengthen your abilities. BTW I do love the photo's you posted, and do not think they are lacking. They look creative and your model is bonita. I just got my dslr less than two months ago and have been pulling my hair out and trying to sweet talk my camera into printable shots. I'm so self conscious about them I haven't even posted any on fb. So, I do love what you are doing and soooooo enjoy your blog. Keep up the awesome work!!!! Oh, btw, this is Marla S.. ; ) !
Those pictures are amaazing and I absolutely LOVE the black and white one. One thing though... tell me you got one of Laura doing "the face"?? And please post it! Haha! Tell Laura I said hi ;)
As far as I'm concerned, you've got every right to strut like Cindy Mancini.
Thanks, girls.
Marla - I know how you feel about showing your work, but your photos are always gorgeous, and there's nowhere to go but up. You and I will have so much fun going out and taking pictures together when I get back. Anyway post them! I'm sure they're lovely.
Hailey, Phoebe said the SAME THING! Ha ha ha ha ha ha! We're doing another shoot on Sunday since the light was so bad. I wonder if I can convince her... ;)
Post a Comment