• slideshow image 2 slideshow image 3 slideshow image 4 slideshow image 5 slideshow image 6 slideshow image 
7 slideshow image 
8 slideshow image 
9

    A Very GERRIE Christmas


    I bet if my name were Geraldine, people would have used "A very Gerrie Christmas" a BUNCH of times. I'm sure of it. And if I know my friend, Gerrie, she's probably either a) used it herself, or b)plans to do it from now on just because that is the kind of girl Gerrie is. She is my oldest and closest friend here in Valencia. We have gone on maaaaaaany adventures together - many of them involving freak dancing, tequila shots and random guitar playing strangers, among them - "Beatles Guy".


    Anyway, my friends, a little over a week ago, I got to go out with my dear friend Gerrie for the first time in TWO YEARS. It was the first time I'd been out with anyone, actually. Yes, you read that right. Two years. If you knew me before I was españolisized, you would have known that to be ludicrous. I think I must have seen a friend every single day. Friendship to me is one of my life lines.


    So, Gerrie and I  made plans to meet  up during the day when my in-laws could watch the girls and I wouldn't have to worry about Julietta waking them up every few hours.  Smart thinking, I know. We went to El barrio del Carmen, our old stomping ground, and you'll never believe what we did! We talked, had a few drinks, and TOOK PICTURES OF OURSELVES. Ha ha ha!! We found a very dark, colorful bar called El Infante, which is decorated with vintage posters, and we tried to pose like the movie stars in the posters!!

    This is one of the many reasons I love Gerrie. We get so silly together. We have so much fun doing dorky things, despite the fact that we undoubtedly get stares and possibly eye rolls from fellow customers.

    Now, you may have noticed that the quality of these photos isn't the best, but listen to this - they were taken at ss 1/40 and at f/1.4, if you can believe that!! That's some hard core stuff! I can't remember what the iso was, but it was high. That's why they are so grainy.  I was just amazed by Gerrie's artistic eye, and by the fact that she got so wrapped up in the posing and in getting "the shot".

    This last one is my favorite of me. And after a gin and tonic or two. Man, I am impressed! Way to go, Gerrie!

    5 comments:

    Robby said...

    You will have to Americanize yourself again. I love the fact that the ss was so low...and as a photographer, the image was more important than the technical stuff. Way to go Sarah and Gerrie..xxxx

    Anonymous said...

    These make me so happy. You two were such cute friends! Yay for friends!!
    ~Phoebe

    Hailey said...

    Oh my gosh, I love them all! I wish I were with you guys! I remember Gerrie being a super fun gal :) I particularily like the one of you looking in the mirror. So cute!

    Anonymous said...

    oh my god! Through the haze of gin and tequila we could actually see through the camera lens!!!! That was such a great day and one that although took way too long in the making, will go down in the annals of friends as a reminder of how much we all need a friend. You´re a great person lil bunch with a heart too big to describe. love ya!
    PS big whatup to my amercian homies!! Hailey, Phoebe and everyone that was so lovely to me when I was in the states. and for showing me that there´s a lot more to america than hamburgers!!
    PPS haven´t used it yet but here´s the first of many times... A Very Gerrie Christmas for all"

    Nora said...

    Looking HOT ladies! :D Fab pictures. And also, I love that hat!

    Post a Comment