2010 brought me a new love as well - my passion for photography. Who can believe that after all of these years of being that annoying friend with the camera in your face and the one who made her college buddies sit down and go through every.single. photo album, one day I'd be on the verge of taking photos for a living?!
When I left the US, nearly eight years ago, I remember writing in my journal about how excited I was to see how I'd fill up the rest of the pages - what adventures lay before me, what new people would impact my life, and where I'd end up. I couldn't even fathom the idea that I'd be writing from a small house in Valencia eight years later with a husband and two daughters. I had no idea I'd be about to start up a photography business.
Life sure floors me now and then... well, actually, it floors me every time I stop and think about it. I'm writing this from one of the deepest, darkest, lowest points in my life so far, and yet I'm filled with so much hope. I know that there are a lot of us out there at this very moment who are suffering in some way. I do believe, though, that it is our faith and our hope that get us through the rough patches, and it is with our actions and our pure desire to want something better that we can change the parts we don't like, even if that means looking at things in a different light. I have absolutely no idea what this next year will be like, but I do believe, my friends, that it will floor us.
It will bring us to our knees.
It will be the best year yet.
I believe it.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
Love,
Sarah












14 comments:
You blow me away... with your words with your images, everytime. I can't believe I'm in love with a being who is so much bigger inside than outside it defeats all laws of physics!
I'm just happy we can finally bring you home and could not hope for better. Happy New Year to everyone!!!
Very beautiful Sarah, I hope for the best for you in 2011. I feel so blessed that you took my boys' pictures while you were still here and I know you are going to bless many, many more people with beautiful pictures of their children that they will cherish forever.
Beautiful work!
Great images!! Good luck to you (and to all of us) on your journey in 2011!
I love reading your words and seeing your amazing pictures. I am so excited to get to know you better outside of the blogging world, too, when you move here. Here's hoping 2011 brings even more beauty and happiness to you and yours! I love what Alex wrote to you.
Great shots! I love the one on the swing!
Beautiful. everything. your words and images!! LOVE!
Cheers to that! Ditto on what Roryjean said, especially the Alex bit. I'm excited to eventually meet him too! What an adventure is in store for you all in the new year!
the pics are so amazing !!!!
Happy new year Christina
so much a head of you for 2011! thankyou for sharing your images. that bw sprinkler one is super yummy!
Ah, so many of these I know and love... can't wait till you come "home" and wow the world as a pro!
Happy New Year to you!!!
Be happy, you'll be here so soon. It makes me sad when you say your sad. I love that picture of Julietta! So stinkin' cute. Love you guys
These are beautiful, Sarah! You've grown so much over this year. It was great "Finding the Light" with you. Great things in store for you...!
these are beautiful and i can certainly see why they are your favs! happy new year
Post a Comment