Sunshine is my friend. I love it. When I was a little girl, I would wish for sunshine on my birthday every single year. Having a June birthday, you'd think I'd have gotten it most of the time. You'd be wrong. I'm from the Seattle area. One year, though, I do remember making homemade ice cream in one of those old fashioned ice cream makers that you have to crank. And crank. And crank some more. After all the cranking, we were so ready to eat the ice cream, we didn't even care how it turned out. Good thing too. The old fashioned ice cream maker was a find my dad had picked up at an antique store (he was an antique dealer) and it definitely had its flaws. It wasn't water proof and the salt had seaped into the vanilla creamy goodness. Did we eat it anyway? Probably.
That reminds me of another story... peanut butter and caviar sandwiches... but I'll save that for another day.
But, I digress. Again. Where was I? Oh yeah, sunshine, oh sunshine....
Laura was up to do another shoot on Saturday afternoon. We met earlier - about an hour earlier (does it seem to be getting dark waaaay too early to anyone else?!), and we played with the light. We played and played and played. And it was fun. (At least it was for me.... Laura?)
Laura, as you can see, is a complete and utter beauty. She doesn't think so, and I told her "you're crazy, lady! You're SMOKIN'!" She thought it was funny when I said "smokin'". But she is. I think you can see that.
Laura has been my friend for quite a few years now. I met her at our café/cocktail bar, The Bohemian Café, and she even worked for us for about a year. She's a Leo, so we get along smashingly well (I've always wanted to say 'smashingly'). She's easy going, and fun to be around, and likes to crack jokes.
![]() |
| This is what she did when I told her to open her eyes wider. |
Shall we talk about the technical side of the shoot? I suppose... I felt that I got pretty good exposure most of the time, which can be hard with backlight and a setting sun, so I did give myself a little pat on the back for that. Composition was ok (we avoided the hand clutching arm pose), but it still needs some work. The flaws were many, but I still love these images. I guess that's all a part of the growth process, though, right? My favorite thing about these photos (besides Lovely Laura, or course!) is the light. I LOVE the sunshine.













2 comments:
Very nice, Sarah. Sunshine can be difficult to shoot in, you make it look easy! It's hard to pick which shoot I like best. I like 'em both!!~Marla
Those are impressive shots! If you could send a little of that sunshine our way it would be greatly appreciated...;)
Post a Comment