 |
| I just don't get! See all the over exposed spots? Grrr. | . |
When I first moved to Spain, at the end of each day I used to sit, defeated and drained, while my brain would spin and spin. There were so many things to think about while I was trying to learn Spanish - choosing one of the 14 tenses, deciding on the gender of each noun, conjugating each verb, thinking about things like possession, word order. . .etc, plus I still had to come up with something clever and winning to say (which is hard enough for me in English!!). Learning a language is seriously like doing mental exercise. It felt like I was doing a mental Ironman marathon when I was only equipped for Sweating to the Oldies with Richard Simmons. Actually, come to think of it, I still feel that way most of the time!
 |
| I had to back light him in full sun without blowing out too many of the high lights. I did it! FINALLY!!! |
Anyway, since starting photography, that feeling has come back strong. Trying to get all elements to come together at once - exposure, aperture, focus, lighting, angle, and making sure I'm not chopping off any fingers or toes (all the while trying to capture that perfect moment) is no sock hop. My brain hurts by the time I'm done. I'm sure it will become like second nature at some point (um... yeah... like Spanish was supposed to become as well...), but at the moment, it's kicking my butt. I had no idea how exhausting taking pictures could be!
 |
| This one came out really well. I had to bribe Bella with a cracker. |
See how her head is over exposed and her leg too? It's ok to overexpose a little bit of wispy hair, but not so much of her head. DOH!
This week has been especially trying because of the assignment we are working on for my photography workshop. We have to take photos at midday in full sun, or in the shade with a bit of back light sun to make the hair look flowy and glowy and glam. Sounds easy enough, right? Well, it's not. Not at all. I've been strugglin'. Big time!!!! I'm posting a few of the shots I've got this week, but they are nothin' special. Getting perfect exposure in high contrast situations makes me weeze just thinking about it.
So, that's that. Have a wonderful weekend!! I'm skipping the TIP OF THE WEEK until next week when my brain has stopped spinning!
 |
| This is Bella saying "Stop taking pictures of me! I just want my cracker!" |
 |
"What does she have in her mouth?" you're asking. It's a stick! Yes, I give my children sticks to chew on.
| |
|
6 comments:
Beautiful pictures, I love Julietta's headband. Give them kisses for me.
I never knew photography had so many rules! Tips and ways to make photos better, yes, but these seem to be proper, not-allowed-to-break-'em rules. Or is it once you know the rules, you're allowed to break them?
Anyway, I think these photos are all amazing. The first one is so cute! And the one of Alex is just perfect. :D
Thanks girls! Yeah Nora, it is kind of "know the rules before you can break them" mentality, but typically there are certain things like focus and exposure that you really have to have perfect.
wow, I'm sure that this would all make my head spin too, which is why I suppose it's a good thing I don't know any better...
These all look brilliant to me though fyi!
I missed your work in the forum this week - I really love your daughter in the swing! The combination of light and motion is just magical.
Aw, thanks, Chris! I did post, but it was later than the week before.
Post a Comment