• slideshow image 2 slideshow image 3 slideshow image 4 slideshow image 5 slideshow image 6 slideshow image 
7 slideshow image 
8 slideshow image 
9

    TIP OF THE WEEK - Kids, Bribes and Winnie the Poop

    I said I could get her to look at the camera. I never said she'd be happy about it.
    Bella has come to expect chocolate every time I take her picture, otherwise she ignores me and my dear camera, which makes me even more annoying (oh, how I wish there was a good translation for the word "pesada" in English, because this is the perfect word to describe what I'm like with my camera - somewhere between "heavy" and "annoying") If only she'd just learn to put up with me for a few minutes so she could then get on with her preferred activities.
    Singing

    Having a conversation with me probably about King Kong and his friend,the giraffe, who often come and visit us at dinner time because they are cold and hungry and want to eat french fries.

    That's where my little friend bribery comes in. Yes, I'll admit it. Bribery and I are chummy. I use things like chocolate and tv to encourage Bella to be my photography model (BAD MOMMY!) But they work... sometimes... for a limited time. Even with the bribes, I still can't get her to actually look at the camera.

    So, today's Tip of the Week is Getting Them to (at least) Look in Your General Direction.



    My newest tricks are either singing with Bella (she loves Five Little Pupkins and The Wheels on the Bus at the moment) or I say something that I want her to repeat and then make up a funny ending that she's not expecting. To get these shots, it went something like this -

    Me: Say "I love mommy"

    Bella: I wub mommy!

    Me: Say " I love Papá!

    Bella: I wub Papá!

    Me: Say, "I love Winnie the Poop"

    Bella: "ah ha ha ha! I wub Winnie the POOP!"
    She was so done by this point. This is the closest I came to having her interact with the camera.
    I hope this helps someone! Have a fabulous weekend!


    And this little munchkin is a challenge as well! If all else fails, have someone stand behind you and make silly faces and noises. Works like a charm.

    2 comments:

    sy said...

    Sarah, those are great! i specially love the one with the carriage, it's just wonderful!

    Tammy Spence said...

    Man Julietta's face is very mature for a baby, it's almost as if there an old soul in there!! I feel like she's been a part of our family forever. What a beautiful little girl Bella has become. I cannot wait to plant a million kisses on their faces.

    Post a Comment