Spain sounds like a grand place to live, doesn't it? I get that all the time. I think people assume all we do is get together with our friends in cafés, eat yummy food, drink sangria and travel around, taking in the beautiful scenery every day. And let's not forget the massive amounts of siestas we take! We obviously need the rest with the constant fiestas!!
Ok, we do these things... sometimes. But instead of sangria, I usually drink tinto de verano, because it's not as strong and just tastes like sparkly juice. (But WATCH OUT! It's NOT juice! I found that out the hard way!)
Anyway, I thought you might like to see what we do on a typical day, so these are just some candids from around the house the past few days, nothing special, but I did get some really cute shots that I wanted to share with you.
 |
| After the two hours it takes us to get ready in the morning, we almost always take a walk to the park, or go to the grocery store. |
 |
| Bella likes to copy Alex and sometimes she pretends she's "fadada", or angry. |
 |
| I left the dog pee in the picture, because it's ridiculously realistic. |
|
 |
| Julietta chills and smiles at everyone she sees. |
|
 |
| Bella pushes her buggy everywhere we go. Usually it's carrying a sleeping Grinch or Winnie the Pooh. |
|
 |
| Sometimes we'll see the Ya yos on their way home for lunch, and they'll stop and push the girlies on the swings for a few minutes. |
 |
| Juji is very fond of the grass, sticks and leaves, and Bella is very fond of being around her sister ALL THE TIME! |
 |
| After park time, we'll usually hit up the local grocery store (it's tiny) and buy whatever ingredient we forgot to buy the last time, and then we'll all have lunch together. Alex leaves immediately after lunch, and the girls take their nap. |
|
|
 |
| I know I said the "girls" take their nap, but Julietta has been very erratic lately with her naps. Instead, she usually crawls around, gets into the potatoes and onions in the kitchen, and follows me around. |
 |
| She doesn't like it when I cook or clean or spend very much time in the kitchen at all. Ok, Juji, I'm not going to argue! I actually spend a lot of this time on my computer, if she lets me. |
 |
| After nap time, we may see a few breakdowns here and there. We usually spend the next two hours either just playing at home (while I try to get some cleaning and cooking done... and laundry. I MISS having a dryer!!), doing a bigger project, or meeting with Sarah and Christina, our German friends. At 7.15 it's Ya yo time where I get a little break!!! (I love this time of the day) And when the girls get back, the three of us have dinner, story time and bedtime. |
I know I have some more shots of the girls playing in the living room, but you get the general idea. This is what we do most days. I get really bored of doing the same thing all the time, and I jump on any chance we get to hang out with other people, but it doesn't happen very often since I am car-less.
I do manage to stay sane, however, because we are getting much much closer with the paperwork for Alex's visa, so we're just waiting now on the interview date. It doesn't sound too intense, so let's all just keep our fingers crossed!
And that is my life. Undoubtedly simpler than you imagined. but simply special!
7 comments:
ah I love it! So nice to see what your days are like. I have to say I'm pretty jealous of the simplicity (um, and the daily grandparent time, wow!) Though I love all we do, sometimes I crave more down time. I'm going to have to let H push her bugggy around sometime, she'd love that, if only we had a quiet side walk to do it on...
That life of yours sounds fabulous! Your family is sooo beautiful Sarah, if I were you I would agree, every day must be simply special... Your Photography is amazing as well, keep up the great work!
Love ya!
Nikki = )
I think these are my favorite photos yet! Sarah, you do have a blessed life. I miss you!!!
~Phoebe
I'm pretty jealous! Your life sounds fabulous. Love you!
Your opening reminds me of something I don't understand about lots of people who say they want to live abroad but have never done it. They always seem to think life will be easier. I guess it's the holiday spirit that makes it seem so, but how can living in a country where you don't speak the language as well as everyone else, don't know how anything works, don't have all the people you've known for years to help you out, etc be easier?! I'm not saying it's terrible - it's interesting, challenging, exciting, just not easy!!
Anyway, rant over! Those two little girls are adorable as ever. And I LOVE the cheeky one of Julieta peeping through the doorway. And Bella copying Alex and being 'fadada'. Bless!
I am now thinking Adalay needs a carriage. She is very much into hot wheels right now but she also loves dragging around her doll and stroking it's head. Love the family shots. Can I love all of them or must I pick a favorite? I love the one of Julietta's feet, all the colors, texture and point of view make it fun to look at. I also Bella and Alex against the wall.
Absolutely lovely...appreciating the beauty in the every day is what it's all about...Besitos to your gorgeous girls!
Post a Comment