• slideshow image 2 slideshow image 3 slideshow image 4 slideshow image 5 slideshow image 6 slideshow image 
7 slideshow image 
8 slideshow image 
9

    A Divine Intervention - Where it All Began


    Some may call it a "divine intervention". I do believe that there is a reason for everything. I probably would never admit to my mother-in-law that my inspiration began at the monastery in Sigena, Spain, where her daughter (my sister-in-law), is a nun. I'd never hear the end of it if I even hinted about it!  I do believe, though, that there was something magical that happened to me at the monastery in Sigena back in April 2010. That is when I started trying to take good pictures. That is when I began to blossom.

    Have I told you about my favorite quote yet?  I want to add it to the header of my blog so it is always there for us to read.


      "And then the came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."
    - Anaïs Nin

    It gives me such inspiration every time I read it, and reminds me that life is about risks. Sometimes we succeed and some time we fail, but whenever we do something a bit risky it makes us feel so alive!
    I think this is the image that started it all. It's not perfect, but I will love it for the rest of my life.

    These are some of the images I took waaaay back in April. ; ) I still love some of these. Others I look at and think, "what the heck was I thinking?!" with the processing or exposure... and lots of them are out of focus, something I hardly noticed back then.
    For a non-posed shot, it can't get much more beautifully biblical. Not such a huge fan of the processing anymore, but I still love the image.

    It's amazing to look back at the beginning of a journey and see how far you've come. I think I will start doing this every six months. It really helps me stay encouraged, and affirms that all this hard work is, in fact, paying off!
    My poor purple baby. And I sure wish I hadn't cut off Irene's fingers.

    Ok, what was I thinking with the color?? Why would I want them to look dead?!

    Edgy!

    I love this image.
     And the good news is that we are going back tomorrow to spend the weekend!! I can't wait!!! Let's see what kind of images I get this time. I'll post early next week.

    Until then, dear friends, have a wonderful weekend!

    5 comments:

    Megan Evans said...

    Beautiful. Thanks for sharing! Enjoy the weekend.

    Tammy Spence said...

    Oh I can't wait to see the pictures from this weekend!! You're so well written and poetic, I love it! I can't wait to hug and kiss you guys when you come back.

    Sarah C said...

    Gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing the photos you take this weekend.

    Also, I posted a comment a few posts back about a portfolio shoot. Would LOVE to talk to you more about that!

    I'm Tammy's friend "sniff". ;-D

    Kelsey {Las Vegas Boudoir Photographer} said...

    Lovely story! TFS!

    Rachel May said...

    This is so amazing!! What sweet memories!!

    Post a Comment