• slideshow image 2 slideshow image 3 slideshow image 4 slideshow image 5 slideshow image 6 slideshow image 
7 slideshow image 
8 slideshow image 
9

    Project 52 Week 2 - Shades of Red

    Yay for week 2 of Project 52!!! If you aren't sure what the heck I'm talking about, click here to catch up to speed.

    Should I tell you how much I struggled with this assigment? I think I should. I wanted to do something with lots of texture and different shades of red. I had it all pictured in my mind. It was going to blow you all away, it was so incredible. Unfortunately, though, reality won yet again. Grrr! I ran out of time, and I couldn't find that one amazing red, pink and orange explosion of textured brilliance.

    So I went with it...

    We spent most of our week at the beach this week, so I made sure Bella wore her red jacket and ruby slippers at all times, and this is what manifested...


    I thought it turned out pretty cool.

    Now, it's time to go check out what brilliance Shauna from Simply Shauna Photography will bedazzle us with.

    See you next week!

    23 comments:

    Shauna said...

    Sarah this is simply goooorgeous! The composition is absolutely brilliant! I love the shoes.. the light that seems to surround and emanate from Bella... wow.. perfection!

    p.s. so jealous of your beach week ;)

    Shea said...

    i love it! it does have lots of texture and color in it, might not be just what you were going for, but it is perfect!

    gigi said...

    Gorgeous is right! Love love love, we have a pair of ruby slippers here too! Beautiful image!

    Hannah said...

    Wow, what a beautiful shot!

    Jenn said...

    Tooo funny!!! We have the same shoes and I was in the same boat as you-pressed for time and I was stumped :) I was totally gonna take a "shoe" shot. Glad I didn't, b/c yours is much cooler than what I had in my mind! Awesome shot!

    TOLIVER FAMILY said...

    oooh! love this...perfect.

    The Rancher's Wife Kate said...

    Oh I love it so much. The girly shoes...the cute red jacket...and all that sand.
    It has been awhile since I've seen sand. :)
    Beautiful!

    Jayme Franklin said...

    the light is gorgeous and I think you captured the theme perfectly. I detect a bit of Detra processing and you rocked it (hee hee)!

    krista said...

    love, love, love it! It's perfect!

    Emily Horton said...

    Perfection. You should be very proud... this is a beautiful capture. Completely captures this age. LOVE IT.

    Lisa Turner said...

    This is fantastic. I would blow this one up, seriously. Such a reflection of your daughter at this age.

    KellyW said...

    Just adorable! Love the focus on the shiny little shoes.

    Val Spring said...

    Girl, this is fabulous! Love you PoV!

    melissa deakin said...

    it turned out beautifully.
    i love how you composed this shot with the focus being on those ruby slippers.
    wonderful work!

    Gretchen Davis said...

    Loving it! Perfect comp and I just love the pops of red!

    Amy Lucy said...

    This is great, Sarah! I love those little shoes and the angle on this.

    AmandaB said...

    this is perfect! love it!

    Gail said...

    I think it turned out pretty darn cool too!!!! yay you!

    Chrissy said...

    So cute! I love this image :)

    Jules said...

    this is exactly what I love! perfect!!!

    Tammy Spence said...

    Amazing!! I love it. It looks beautiful where you are! Love you!

    Jessidee said...

    I LOVE this picture! It makes me think of my little girls! I think we have gone through at least 4 pairs of red "Dorothy" shoes!

    Christine said...

    You are so cute. I love the story and the image. I wish I was on the beach and not buried under snow...sigh.

    Post a Comment