• slideshow image 2 slideshow image 3 slideshow image 4 slideshow image 5 slideshow image 6 slideshow image 
7 slideshow image 
8 slideshow image 
9

    Goodnight Irene

    We said goodbye to Alex's sister, Irene, for a while. We don't know when we will be back in Spain, and since Irene can't leave the monastery, it's up to us to go see her again. I got so many images that I absolutely love on this trip. It doesn't hurt that the nuns are so sweet and playful. I always want to pick up Halel, the mother superior, and swing her around. She's the cutest thing you ever did see.

     Seeing Irene for the first time. This is what Bella does when she feels shy.

    Un beso




    On a nature walk. Bella is the leader, of course.






    Julietta knows how to give kisses now.



    Sunset and playing with Papá.

    This is one of my favorite shots with Halel.

    13 comments:

    Julie Livermore said...

    Beautiful, serene photos! I love # 8 of daddy and his baby--and so many more!

    anna olive said...

    So when you say your ISO was high, how high? I am always afraid to go high because I think it will be too grainy and instead I have way to low a shutter speed and I get blurry shots. Yours don't look at all grainy. I love that your SIL is a nun-crazy.

    Unknown said...

    Thanks Julie!!

    Anna, gosh, on some of them I pumped it up to 2000... maybe even higher. I now have a camera that can handle it, though. When I had the D80, I could maybe go to about 300 without having total grain. In my opinion, it's safer to have grain than blur. I think grain can look really awesome, especially with BW and soft processed images.

    Sara Tegman Photography said...

    Divine! I love the one with your girls at the monestary. AND of course the open mouth kiss...I forget my girls did the same thing....I wish I had gotten that moment on camera. Beautiful stuff, Sarah!

    Anonymous said...

    So, so beautiful. I really love this set, it is so personal. Great job! Did you get a new camera? Do you love it?~Marla : )

    Kimberlee said...

    These are wonderful memories! I adore the image of daddy and your daughter.

    Carrie said...

    Gorgeous images...and what great memories for the kids!

    robyn said...

    you have some wonderful images here Sarah. I adore the ones with your husband and girls. just lovely!

    Amy Lucy said...

    These are wonderful, Sarah! So very memorable!

    Val Spring said...

    Wow Sarah! These photos are so filled with love and emotion! You did an amazing job capturing them!

    Dawn Alderman said...

    Oh my goodness...these are amazing...so beautiful. LOVE!

    Simply Shauna said...

    Oh these are just amazzzing. Love the little window into your sweet little world. Gorgeous as usual...

    Jenny said...

    Really enjoyed these and what a sweet story unfolding on your blog. I gotta say - I LUV LUV LUV that 8th image down... so perfect!

    Post a Comment