 |
| She liked being the mermaid princess |
Halloween. It's special to me. Do I have to tell you all how much I miss Halloweens back home? Since I've lived here, I've done my part to bring the spirit out. We used to do a huge Halloween party at our café, The Bohemian Café, every year. This year was Bella's first year to really understand what was going on, so I wanted to make it important.
 |
| Our stawberry/ladybug |
I considered taking the girls to the Halloween party with The American Club, but that sounded so overwhelming - making costumes, making a dish to bring, bringing drinks and sweets for the kids, bringing a drink for myself, finding transportation there and back ( it was outside of Valencia and Alex, of course, had to work), and then on top of that, going by myself to a place where I'd only met one person, all the while trying to take care of two kids by myself... I don't know, maybe it's just me, but it just sounded a bit too stressful for what was supposed to be a party.
 |
| Not a fan of butterfly wings |
Instead I took our leftover decorations from The Bohemian and decked out our house while Bella was with the Yayos. The look on her face was priceless when she walked in to see the walls covered with bats and the windows trimmed with garland. She, of course, wanted to start touching everything, and then she did her rendition of "Cumpleaños feliz" (it evidently looked like a birthday part!).
For costumes, I brought down our box of costumes from Halloween's past and Paquita borrowed some kids' costumes from a workmate. We all went wild playing dress up.
 |
| Good thing we went to all those St. Patty's day parties back in the day. |
 |
| And Carnival celebrations |
I also tried to make a Halloween inspired menu, but we won't go there. I should always stick to being on the decorations or costume committee. Let's just say there was yet
another burnt beans incident.
 |
| Representin'!! Go Vashon! |
I know I said this last year, but friends, I WILL be home next year, and we WILL have a Halloween party together. We can even do it at my house. (I'll be in charge of the decorations!)
4 comments:
SO cute! We look forward to spending Halloween with you guys:)
I want to see a pic of you decorations, you hype'd them up so much :) love the strawberry
love the pics and love this page! great job sarah. kiss kiss, mj
What a wonderful and fun mommy you are!! Thanks for sharing your holiday, the girls are adorable. Next year. Vashon. We do a CRAZY halloween here. You. will. be. here!! : )~Marla
Post a Comment