Now that we are down to only one day off per week, it makes it extremely important to wisely choose what we are going to do with that precious day. You see, I say that "we" are down to only one day off because even though I'm a stay-at-home mom, I feel like the only time I really get a break is when Alex is home with me. So, Sunday it is. This Sunday, though, we found ourselves obligated to go on a mini trip to Albacete for an 8 year-old's birthday party. I have to admit that I was less than enthusiastic when it came to the prospect of spending the day locked up in their house with the tv blaring and trying to make sense of their strange vocabulary and difficult accents. It turned out to be fine, though, and do you know why? Because I had some new stuff to photograph!! Always a good enough reason to give up a lazy day at home!

I grabbed Julietta right after lunch and we went on a walk around the tiny, run-down town. I mean, it's OLD! Walls are falling down, paint is chipped everywhere you look. The entire place is weathered, and I think it's beautiful. I would have been in awesome backdrop heaven if I had had a willing upright model, but Letta likes to put everything in her mouth and doesn't sit still long enough for me even to push the shutter release, so instead I went around and just took some shots of the town. I'm pretty sure these photos aren't really any good, because I have no idea what I'm doing when I'm not shooting people, but I thought they really captured the feel of the town.
 |
| I thought this was so cool with the kitty cat staring at me. |
After walking around in circles for quite a while (the town is tiny. EVERYONE knows each other. A man stopped to talk to me and knew immediately that I wasn't from there. He, of course knew Juani and Felipe, Alex's cousins, and even knew exactly where they lived.) I found a spot where I could let Julietta roam free for a bit.
And later we met up with the rest of the crew and I fired off a few more shots before heading to the town pub for a warm drink... or was it a gin and tonic... tomato tomato (to be pronounced differently, obviously).
 |
| This is Julietta and Christian seeing each other for the first time. |
 |
| Christian. He looked like the Marshmallow Man in his big green jacket. I wanted to eat him up! |
 |
| And Felipe. He's a real ham. If all kids were this easy to photograph, it would be a breeze!! |
 |
| The bunch |
 |
| Serious Alex |
 |
| Serious Bella. |
Not a bad day, if I do say so myself. And next weekend? Another workshop from
Creative LIVE! with Tamara Lackey!!
1 comments:
So cute, I love Julietta's eyes.
Post a Comment